Profile image for JohnNorfolk

I hear today's news that Peacocks Tiverton store is closing. The entire chain has been bought out of Administration by Edinburgh Woollen Mill but the deal involves closing not just the Tivvy Peacocks but also the Exeter Peacocks.
I would have thought the Peacocks site in Tivvy has better footfall than the EWM site. What do people think?

By JohnNorfolk at 17:30 on 22/02/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for Fluffsmum1

Like you John I would of thought with all the market the post office and the co-op shoppers and anyone else passing through that peacocks had a very good site. There again ewm is on the high street although the less occupied end of it so I think I would of thought about evens, but the prices in peacocks are a hell of a lot more sensible than ewm. We cant all afford those unless they are having one of their big sales

By Fluffsmum1 at 21:28 on 23/02/12

• Profile image for theOrigin

There are just far too many empty shops at the moment and the local businesses can't survive without support from some of the retail chains and with one less now in the town, I can only see it having a negative effect on our high street.

The town needs a boost but it will only happen if the town start approaching the big boys or else we'll see fewer and fewer shops on our high street. There is a massive gap in the market for mens fashion as they only have two options now. Tesco or a very small Burtons. But then again women only really have DP's, Q&S and New Look so we could do with the likes of H&M, M&S (the small clothing department in their food store doesn't really cut it) and Next.

Never been a fan of EWM, far too expensive for something that is only really suitable for a male of my age one or two days a year when were rolling around in the snow!

By theOrigin at 19:25 on 09/03/12

It would be particularly good if somewhere like the peacocks place did become the clothing section of M&S and the small section that is clothing expanded the food section

By Fluffsmum1 at 02:31 on 10/03/12

I often find it very dificult to get clothing for my husband as you say the is such little choice as QS no longer does mens stuff and we are losing the other store near Boots very soon as well where next we all ask

By Fluffsmum1 at 02:34 on 10/03/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent